The 2017 Call for Nominations will be announced in February 2017. To receive the Nominations Announcement, please join our mailing list.
For information about eligibility and the nominations process, please visit the Nomination Guidelines page.
The public at large is encouraged to nominate worthy and qualified candidates from within all the disciplines that make up the spectrum of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. This individual may have made their contribution as an advocate, researcher, practitioner, health care provider, instructor or in one of the many other roles that make up this hugely diverse field.
Making a significant contribution to the field of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Canada, the candidate for this award is an individual who:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the field of complementary & alternative medicine
- Displays vision, leadership & integrity throughout their activities
- Collaborates across disciplines and healing philosophies
- Acts as a catalyst in advancing the field of complementary & alternative medicine
- Demonstrates a positive influence among their colleagues and those they serve
- This national competition is open to individual nominees whose complementary or alternative medicine activities have been carried out within Canada
- The body of work to be considered for the Dr. Rogers Prize has been conducted in Canada
- The Winner must attend the Dr. Rogers Prize Award Gala in Vancouver, BC in the fall of 2017
- The nominee will be an individual (rather than a group)
- The nominee does not need to be a Canadian citizen
- Candidates for the award must be living
- Members and Directors of the Lotte and John Hecht Memorial Foundation are not eligible
Nominations will stand for two cycles of the Prize. If you nominated someone in 2015, their nomination will be automatically renewed. Please see the Instructions for Returning Nominees.
To be considered for the 2017 Dr. Rogers Prize, all nomination materials, including supporting documentation, must be received no later than Wednesday, May 31, 2017 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).
The Nomination Package includes:
- Intent To Nominate Form, which must be filled out and signed by nominee
- Nominee Declaration
- Nomination Form
In order to complete the Nomination Form, you will be required to provide supporting documentation such as Curriculum Vitae, Confidential Letters of Support (3), and optional supplemental information (maximum 5 pages). Signed confidential Letters of Support may be emailed as pdf documents from the supporting parties to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that original copies of these letters may be requested at a later date and will be subject to reference check for authentication. Alternatively, these letters may also be mailed directly to:
Dr. Rogers Prize Coordinator
c/o #502-325 Howe Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 1Z7
To be considered for the Dr. Rogers Prize, the Nomination Package must include the current telephone number, email address, and mailing address of the nominee and the nominator. Nominations may be filed in either English or French.
All nominations are confidential.
The decision of the jurors will be final.
The Prize Committee does not publish a short list of nominees; however a nominee may publish or promote their nomination at their own discretion.